Friday, July 20, 2007

That's all folks!

Some good things must end!

As I come to the end of this remarkable journey, I am filled with great appreciation for my remarkable experiences and lasting memories. People, places and plants come together in extraordinary ways across Europe! I have great appreciation and deep gratitude for many people that made this extraordinary journey possible.
- Eisenhower Fellowships for investing in me as part of their 2007 Urban Challenges Program
- My husband and daughters for graciously putting up with my absence for two months
- My work family at the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society for giving me the opportunity to travel and learn, and absorbing all my work during my travels.
- My program coordinators in Spain, Germany and Brussels for putting together wonderful opportunities for me to explore unique landscapes and learn from the experiences of local talent
- All the great people – officials, design professionals, artists, gardeners, greening enthusiasts that I met across Europe who were generous with their time and their experiences
- The network of Eisenhower Fellows who extended their hospitatlity and were generous in sharing their time, making me feel welcome as I traveled alone.

It’s been fun to blog during my trip - I return to Philadelphia energized by all that I have learned. Even more so, I return with a sense of affirmation for all that we are doing that makes Philadelphia a great city. It takes being away for a little while to appreciate home, and I’m eager to be back! Thanks for tuning in, I look forward to seeing you all out and about soon.